Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nader is fine and recovering

So on thursday I woke up Nader early in the morning and took him to the hospital. He was so sleepy, I was afraid he'll throw a fit, but I managed to get him out from the house without drama alhamdulilah. On the way we ended up queueing for a long time in some traffic lights, because they're renewing some asfalt on the highway. I wish I knew it, I would have taken another route. Alhamdulilah we managed to get to the hospital in time.

We signed in downstairs and were told to go to the 11th floor to the ENT outpatient ward. We were taken to the room and got some hospital clothes for Nader. There wasn't much stuff his size, the nurse found only one pair of pants and a t-shirt. They've had a lot of his age kids there lately, so everything was finished. Lol he was proud of his little t-shirt :D

There was still about one and half hours wait before Nader's turn. He watched some videos until it was time for him to be taken to the operation room. I went with them downstairs and said bye to Nader by the door of the operation ward. Then I headed up on the hill in the hospital garden with my book and a thermos full of coffee. Got to get my mind somewhere else so I wouldn't worry. I had over an hour to wait.

My little Nader's operation went well alhamdulilah. They got the palatine tonsils and adenoids both removed as planned, and put the tubes to his ears. I was told that there was a lot of secretion in his both ears. I was surprised because he didn't have any pain in his ears and even the specialist who checked him saw that only in one ear. Alhamdulilah it's taken care now before it affected to his hearing or balance.

He is recovering now. Eating and drinking seem to be a bit of a problem, but alhamdulilah he is trying so he gets at least something. it's heart breaking to see him craving for something and then when he tries, he can't have it. :(

I have tons of popsicles and ice cream at home, but he doesn't seem to be interested. He tried two kinds of ice cream and one kind of popsicle. Now they're in the freezer half eaten.

I can't make him drink as much as recommended, but he doesn't have any signs of dehydrating, so i think it's all good. And he surprised me yesterday! He ate a big plate on cold tagliatelle with plain creme sauce.. alhamdulilah. he's been eating chocolate pudding too. seems like it's easier to swallow than liquid stuff.

He hasn't had any bleeding alhamdulilah. InshaAllah he will continue recovering well!


  1. Asalamu aliakaum!

    I am so glad to hear that! I was praying for him yesterday in mecca :) Alhamdillah the operation went well and he is recovering!!

    awww, I can imagine how heartbreaking it is to see him not being able to eat what he wants to. InshaAllah soon he'll be even better than before :)

  2. Alhumdulillah, I am relieved to hear your little one is doing well. Insha'Allah he will heal quickly :) Poor guy, it's so hard to see childred in pain.

  3. MashaAllah what a brave boy you have.. :) alhamdulilah it all went well.. inshaAllah he will recover fast :)

  4. Alhamdulillah the op is over and on the way to recovery. The little ones do not feel it as much as we oldies do and they recover very quickly. Loads of love to the little patient and may Allah reward you all for being patient. :)


Even if I love talking to myself, it would be lovely to hear what you have to say! :P