Monday, August 8, 2011

summer is over? - kesä meni jo?



Time goes so fast these days.. I feel like summer just started and now autumn is coming already. Summers are so short in Finland.. First we wait for Spring to come for half year in the cold and snow, then when Summer comes, half of it is bad weather, the other half is good, and before we know it, it's gone.

The weather has got cooler day by day since August started, and last night we had some heavy rain too. I know many people are actually happy about this, because it's Ramadan, and we have to fast soooo long days, 18½ hours, so it's maybe a bit easier at least when it's not too hot. Unfortunately I haven't been able to fast, because of medication and some health conditions. May Allah make is easy for those, who can! Ameen
Today I took the kids to the adventure park and it was too cold to play with the water. Well, they enjoyed their day anyway, there's plenty of other things to do. I wonder if there will be warmer days anymore. I don't want to give up on the summer yet!

Next week the school starts again. Donjana is going on the third grade inshaAllah and I can't believe that Deena is starting the first grade too. I'm gonna stand on the school yard next Tuesday with tears in my eyes again. This will be my fifth time, when I take my child to school on the first day, but I still get all emotional of the idea.. ♥ 

Aika kuluu niin nopeaan..Ihan kuin kesä ois just alkanut, ja nyt on taas jo syksy tulossa. Suomen kesät on niin lyhyitä. Ensin odotetaan puoli vuotta kylmän ja lumen keskellä kevään tuloa, sit kun kesä tulee puolet on sateista, puolet hyvää, ja ennen kuin huomataan, se on ohi.

Heti kun elokuu alkoi, sää viileni ja tuli syksyn tuntua ilmaan. Moni on siitä iloinen, koska on Ramadan ja paastopäivät on hirvittävän pitkiä. viileämpi sää tekee sen edes vähän helpommaksi. Mulle pitkät päivät on ihan mahdottomia paastota, kun on otettava lääkkeet ja muutenkaan terveys ei tykkää näin pitkistä paastopäivistä. Tehköön Allah paaston helpoksi niille, jotka paastoavat! Ameen.

Tänään vein lapset seikkailupuistoon. Oli ihan liian viileää vesileikkeihin, mut onneksi siellä on paljon muutakin tekemistä, eikä aika tule pitkäksi. Saa nähdä, tuleeko enää lämpimämpiä päiviä. En haluaisi antaa vielä periksi syksylle!

Ensi viikolla alkaa koulut. Donjana menee kolmannelle luokalle, ja tuntuu uskomattomalta, että pikku-Deena aloittaa ekaluokan. Siellä sitä sit taas seistään koulun pihalla vetistelemässä. Siis mä seison. Kummaa, vaikka oon jo viides kerta kun vien lapseni kouluun ekan, edelleenkin vaan tunteet nousee pintaan.


Happy end of summer yall!
Hyvää loppukesää kaikille!



1 comment:

  1. Walikum Aselam

    We are having monsoon rain over here .Summer stay little longer this time.Spring was short .Everything looking so exquisite after rain.

    My first time to your blog and it is quite awesome,Masha Allah.Hope you will visit my blog too .Follow each other :).

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Even if I love talking to myself, it would be lovely to hear what you have to say! :P